Saturday, September 23, 2006

Thou shalt not steal iHero

How many iHeros can we have?

Ok – I was first – the first iHero – and yes I can prove it. I have copyright and other notarized search results from back in the year 2000.

So first came Frank Fradella – a fellow author. For some incredible reason -- he didn’t understand how my book – a fictional work with iHero in the title and a character called the iHero -- related to his new company he had named “iHero entertainment”.

I even offered that my iHero become part of his super hero team – since my character is a virtual super hero – but again – Frank didn’t get it.

Neither of us could afford lawyers – so we agreed to disagree basically – but I was sickened for a long time that a fellow artist would steal my name – and I say steal because he only had to do a web search for iHero – and there I was.

And now I see another fictional writer from Canada -- I,Hero – which btw is how Frank’s company started out.


People ! Have you not the decency to respect other’s rights??????


The only enjoyment I get from the name is that I now own iHero.com.

Maybe one of the 400 billionaires in the U.S. will buy it from me for a mere 1/100000th of their wealth. Or maybe Apple will buy it from me – for there latest super hero like gadget.

Heck – maybe one of Frank’s multitude of projects will become a success – and he will buy me out.

Only then will I again smile when mentioning the name, my name, iHero.

No comments: